Home Business Fishery export surges by $100 million despite COVID-19

Fishery export surges by $100 million despite COVID-19

အောက်တွင် မြန်မာလို ဖတ်ရှုနိုင်ပါသည်

Fishery exports from Myanmar have increased by $100 million as of June 5 since October 1, the beginning of the 2019-2020 fiscal year, compared to the same period last fiscal year, according to data from the Ministry of Commerce.

In this fiscal year, the country has earned $670.13 million this fiscal-year contrast to $569.418 million in the last fiscal year.

However, during the earliest days of the COVID-19 pandemic, fishery export to China almost stopped causing concerns that Myanmar’s fishery sector was at the brink of collapse. Fortunately, the stakeholders later managed to resume fishery exports to China and increase exports through sea routes as well.

Myanmar’s fishery export heavily relies on China, which accounts for 60 percent of the country’s total fishery exports, and the remaining 40 percent to the EU and other countries. 

According to Fishery Statistics 2018 by the Department of Fisheries, which is the most recent official data, Myanmar produces 5.87 million metric tons of fishery products that year, of which 46 percent is freshwater fish, and 54 percent is marine fish. 


ဘဏ္ဍာနှစ်အစဖြစ်သော အောက်တိုဘာလ ၁ ရက်မှ ယခုနှစ် ဇွန်လ ၅ ရက်အထိ မြန်မာနိုင်ငံသည် ရေထွက်ကုန်တင်ပို့မှုမှ အမေရိကန်ဒေါ်လာ ၆၇၀ ဒသမ၁၃ သန်း ရရှိခဲ့ပြီး ယခင်နှစ်ကာလတူနှင့် နှိုင်းယှဥ်လျှင် အမေရိကန်ဒေါ်လာ သန်းတစ်ရာကျော်မိုမိုရရှိခဲ့ကြောင်း ကုန်သွယ်ရေးနှင့် ကူးသန်းရောင်းဝယ်ရေးဝန်ကြီးဌာနမှ အချက်အလက်များအရသိရသည်။

ပြီးခဲ့နှစ်ဘဏ္ဍာနှစ် ကာလတူတွင် မြန်မာနိုင်ငံသည် ရေထွက်ကုန်တင်ပို့မှုမှ အမေရိကန်ဒေါ်လာ ၅၆၉ဒသမ၄၁၈ သန်းသာရရှိခဲ့သည်။

COVID-19 ကပ်ရောဂါ စတင်ဖြစ်ပွားသည့် အစောပိုင်းကာလများတွင်တော့ တရုတ်နိုင်ငံသို့ ရေထွက်ကုန်တင်ပို့မှုများလျော့ကျခဲ့ပြီး မြန်မာနိုင်ငံ၏ ငါးလုပ်ငန်းကဏ္ဍ ပြိုလဲသွားမည်ကို စိုးရိမ်မှုများပေါ်ပေါက်ခဲ့သည်။ သို့သော် နောက်ပိုင်းတွင် ကုန်သည်များနှင့် တာဝန်ရှိသူများအနေဖြင့် တရုတ်နိုင်ငံသို့ရေထွက်ကုန် တင်ပို့မှု ပြန်လည်စတင်အောင် ဆောင်ရွက်နိုင်ခဲ့ပြီး ပင်လယ်ရေကြောင်းမှ တစ်ဆင့် ရေထွက်ကုန်တင်ပို့မှုများ တိုးတက်လာခဲ့သည်။

မြန်မာနိုင်ငံသည် ရေထွက်ကုန်များကို တရုတ်နိုင်ငံသို့ အဓိက တင်ပို့နေပြီး တရုတ်နိုင်ငံသို့ တင်ပို့မှုပမာဏမှာ တစ်နိုင်ငံလုံးရေထွက်ကုန်တင်ပို့မှုပမာဏ၏ ၆၀ ရာခိုင်နှုန်းရှိသည်။ ကျန် ၄၀ ရာခိုင်နှုန်းကို ဥရောပသမဂ္ဂနှင့်အခြားနိုင်ငံများသို့ တင်ပို့နေသည်။

ငါးလုပ်ငန်းဦးစီးဌာနက နောက်ဆုံးထုတ်ဝေထားသည့် Fishery Statistics 2018 အစီရင်ခံစာပါ ကိန်းဂဏန်းများအရ မြန်ာမနိုင်ငံသည် တစ်နှစ်လျှင် ငါးတန်ချိန် ၅ဒသမ၈၇ သန်း ထုတ်လုပ်နေပြီး ယင်းအနက် ၄၆ ရာခိုင်နှုန်းမှာ ရေချိုငါးများဖြစ်ပြီး ၅၄ ရာခိုင်နှုန်းမှာ ရေငန်ငါးများဖြစ်သည်။

Min Thu Aung
Experienced Journalist with a demonstrated history of working in the newspaper industry. Skilled in Writing, Translation, Research, Video Editing, and Painting. Strong media and communication professional with a Bachelor's degree focused in English from Monywa University, and a Diploma in International Relations from the University of Yangon
- Advertisment -

Must Read

Govt Extends Deadline for Taxes on Unassessed Income

အောက်တွင် မြန်မာလို ဖတ်ရှုနိုင်ပါသည် The Ministry of Planning and Finance issued an order on September 22 extending the deadline for tax payment on the unassessed income...