Korea’s LG Electronics will unveil its first ever “compact” smartphone, G2 mini, at Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2014 in Barcelona, Spain, the company said.
Developed as a smaller version of LG G2, the G2 mini will introduce most of the G2’s premium UX features to a new global audience, LG said.
UX features found in LG’s premium G Series flagship models, such as Guest Mode, Plug & Pop, Clip Tray and Capture Plus, have been carried over to the G2 mini to satisfy a generation of new users, the company said in a statement.
The G2 mini will be available in many variations: Single/Dual SIM, 3G/4G LTE and four colour options.
The smartphone market has settled into categories of premium devices with display sizes above 5-inches and mid-tier devices in the 4.5-inch range. As a 4.7-inch device the G2 mini is “anticipated to further satisfy consumer demand for a practical smartphone with premium features,” LG said.
“The G2 mini is all about bringing the best user experience of the G2 to a more compact, mid-tier device, giving millions of customers the opportunity to benefit from the LG premium experience,” said Dr Jong-seok Park, president and CEO of LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company.
“This device offers the perfect balance of modern design and practical UX in a compact package without compromising performance.”
– Chipset: 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Quad-Core MSM8926 (LTE) / MSM8226 (3G) 1.7GHz Nvidia Quad Core Tegra 4i (LATAM LTE version)
– Display: 4.7-inch qHD IPS (960 x 540)
– Memory: 8GB eMMC / 1GB RAM / SD Card Slot
– Camera: Rear 8.0MP / 13.0MP (LATAMLTE version) / Front 1.3MP
– Battery: 2,440mAh (removable)
– Operating System: Android 4.4 KitKat
– Size: 129.6 x 66.0 x 9.8mm
– Weight: 121g
– Network: Cat. 4 & VoLTE /Cat. 3(LATAM), HSPA+ 21Mbps (3G)
– Colors: Titan Black, Lunar White, Red, Gold (depending on region)