Myanmar Targets Rubber Exports of 220,000 Tons

0
128

by Ei Thandar Tun

Myanmar targets exporting up to 220,000 tons of rubber this fiscal year as it pushes to increase exports of the commodity, according to the Myanmar Rubber Planters and Producers Association.
“China did not shut down rubber imports. However, since some of the factories have been shut down because of the virus outbreak, demand has cooled down but the price is now stable,” U Khaing Myint, general secretary of the association, told Myanmar Business Today.
“We are trying to increase rubber exports by at least 20,000 tons,” he added.
At present, only 20 percent of the rubber produced in Myanmar meets export quality criteria and the country is trying to improve the quality of the remaining 80 percent.
“To help strengthen the quality of rubber, we are carrying out campaigns to share knowledge in collaboration with other relevant organizations [NGOs, the Ministry of Commerce, and the Department of Agriculture and Livestock]. Previously, only eight percent of rubber production met the quality criteria,” U Khaing Myint said.
During the 2017-18 fiscal year, Myanmar exported over 150,000 tons of rubber, generating some $185 million. The following year it earned $250 million from exporting nearly 200,000 tons of rubber.
Rubber plantation area across Myanmar totaled some 1.6 million acres; the majority is located in Mon State and Karen State and the rest is in Yangon, Bago and Tanintharyi.
The country exports over 90 percent of its annual rubber production, 70 percent to China and 20 percent to Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Korea, Japan, Taiwan and India, as domestic consumption amounts to only 8 percent of total production of around 300,000 tons.


လက်ရှိ ၂ဝ၁၉ – ၂ဝ၂ဝ ဘဏ္ဍာနှစ်တွင် ပြည်ပသို့ ရော်ဘာတန်ချိန် ၂ သိန်း၂ သောင်းအထိ တင်ပို့နိုင်ရန် မျှော်မှန်းထား ကြောင်း မြန်မာနိုင်ငံ ရော်ဘာစိုက်ပျိုးထုတ် လုပ်သူများအသင်းမှ သိရသည်။
”တရုတ်က ရော်ဘာတင်ပို့မှုကို မပိတ် ထားပေမယ့် ရောဂါဖြစ်ပွားမှုကြောင့် တချို့ စက်ရုံတွေ ပိတ်ထားတဲ့အတွက် ရော်ဘာဝယ် ယူမှု နည်းလာပြီး တင်ပို့မှုအနည်းငယ်တော့ ကျဆင်းပါတယ်။ ဈေးနှုန်းလည်း အတက် အကျမရှိဘဲ ငြိမ်နေပါတယ်။ ဒါပေမယ့် ယခု ဘဏ္ဍာနှစ်မှာ ယခင်နှစ်ထက် တန်ချိန် နှစ်သောင်းပိုမိုတင်ပို့နိုင်အောင် လုပ်ဆောင်နေ ပါတယ်”ဟု မြန်မာနိုင်ငံ ရော်ဘာစိုက်ပျိုး ထုတ်လုပ်သူများအသင်းမှ အတွင်းရေးမှူး ဦးခိုင်မြင့်ကMBTသို့ ပြောသည်။
လက်ရှိတွင် ရော်ဘာထုတ်လုပ်မှု၏ ၂ဝ ရာခိုင်နှုန်းမှာ သတ်မှတ်ထားသည့် အရည် အသွေးပြည့်မီလာပြီး ကျန်ရှိသည့် ၈ဝ ရာခိုင်နှုန်းကိုလည်း အရည်အသွေး ပြည့်မှီ လာစေရန် ဆက်လက်လုပ်ဆောင်သွားမည် ဖြစ်ကြောင်း သိရသည်။
”ရော်ဘာထုတ်လုပ်မှုမှာ အရည်အသွေး ပြည့်မီတဲ့ ရော်ဘာတွေ ထုတ်လုပ်ဖို့အတွက် သက်ဆိုင်ရာ အဖွဲ့အစည်းတွေ NGO အဖွဲ့ အစည်းတွေ၊ စီးပွားရေးနှင့် ကူးသန်းရောင်း ဝယ်ရေး ဝန်ကြီးဌာန၊ စိုက်ပျိုးရေးနှင့်မွေးမြူ ရေး ဦးစီးဌာနတို့ရှိ တာဝန်ရှိသူတွေ) နဲ့ ပူး ပေါင်းပြီး အသိပညာပေးမှုတွေ နည်းပညာ ဖြန့်ဝေမှုတွေကို လုပ်ဆောင်နေပါတယ်။ အရင်ကဆိုရင် အရည်အသွေးပြည့်မီတဲ့ ရော်ဘာ ထုတ်လုပ်နိုင်မှုဟာ ၈ ရာခိုင်နှုန်းပဲ ရှိပါတယ်”ဟု အထက်ပါပုဂ္ဂိုလ်က ထပ်မံ ဖြည့်စွက် ပြောသည်။
၂ဝ၁၇ – ၂ဝ၁၈ ဘဏ္ဍာနှစ်တွင် ပြည်ပသို့ ရော်ဘာတန်ချိန် တစ်သိန်းငါးသောင်း ကျော်သာ တင်ပို့နိုင်ခဲ့ပြီး အမေရိကန်ဒေါ် လာ ၁၈၅သန်း ဝန်ကျင်ခန့်ရရှိခဲ့သည်။ ၂ဝ၁၈-၂ဝ၁၉ဘဏ္ဍာနှစ်တွင် ပြည်ပသို့ ရော် ဘာတန်ချိန် ၂သိန်းဝန်းကျင်ခန့် တင်ပို့နိုင် ခဲ့ပြီး တင်ပို့မှုမှ အမေရိကန်ဒေါ်လာ သန်း ၂၅ဝကျော် ရရှိခဲ့သည်။