HomeMMBIZ NewsNew Wharf at Thilawa SEZ in 2017

New Wharf at Thilawa SEZ in 2017

Construction of a new wharf at Thilawa Special Economic Zone (SEZ) in southern Yangon as part of the SEZ project will be completed in 2017, Myanmar Port Authorities said.

The $200-million wharf project, which began last month, is backed by Official Development Assistance loan from Japan.

An electronic data interchange project to modernise the port is also in the pipeline, with grant aid of $14.27 million.

Currently, a total of 32 berths, including 23 in the Yangon Port area and nine in the Thilawa Port area, handle more than 80 percent of Myanmar’s shipping freight.

A total of 80 percent of the berths are privately-owned while the remaining 20 percent are owned by the state, MPA said.

Thilawa SEZ has been operated by a Myanmar-Japan joint venture since November 2013, formed by two Myanmar companies and two Japanese companies with 51:49 shares.

- Advertisment -spot_img

Must Read

rice myanmar paddy bag sale

Siri Lanka to import 20,000 metric tons of rice from Myanmar

Sri Lanka will import 20,000 metric tons of rice from Myanmar at the rate of $460 per ton through its state-run trading firm. Moreover,...
spot_img