Home Business Local Yangon Land Confiscations for Public Projects Must Comply with Law

Yangon Land Confiscations for Public Projects Must Comply with Law

The President’s Office has instructed the Yangon Regional Government to fully comply with existing laws when confiscating land for industrial and city expansion projects, said Deputy Minister for the Union Government Office U Tin Myint in remarks to the lower house of parliament on November 19.

“The President’s Office has instructed the Chief Minister of Yangon to get agreement from the landowners when confiscating land. The Ministry of the Union Government Office is enforcing the Yangon Regional Government to follow the president’s instructions,” said the minister.

In confiscating land for new city projects, industrial projects and aquaculture projects, the Yangon Regional Government pays monetary compensation to landowners for 80 percent of the project area and hands back the remaining 20 percent in the form of developed property.

The Yangon Regional Government sought Union Cabinet permission to confiscate 1,343.57 acres of land in Hlegu Township and 2,220.82 acres in Htandapin Township to develop into industrial parks with the aim of creating jobs and economic opportunities for local people. Union-level authorities instructed the Yangon Regional Government to acquire agreement from the owners first.

“Does the President’s Office know that there are threats that if the owners do not agree to the 80/20 land confiscation plan, no other use will be permitted for their land?” asked Member of Parliament U Maung Myint during the session.

U Tin Myint said he would respond to the MP’s question after questioning the Chief Minister of Yangon on the matter.


Myanmar Summary

ရန်ကုန်တိုင်းဒေသကြီးအတွင်း ဆောင်ရွက် မည့် စက်မှှုဥယျာဉ်မြို့တော်တည်ဆောက် ရေးစီမံကိန်းများ၊ ရန်ကုန်မြို့ကို ထပ်မံချဲ့ ထွင်ခြင်းများ ဆောင်ရွက်ရာတွင် မြေသိမ်းယူ မှုများပြုလုပ်မှုကို ဥပဒေနှင့်အညီသာ ဆောင် ရွက်ရန် ရန်ကုန်တိုင်းဒေသကြီး အစိုးရအဖွဲ့ ကိုသမ္မတရုံးက ညွှန်ကြားမှုပြုလုပ်ထား ကြောင်းနိုဝင်ဘာလ ၁၉ ရက်နေ့တွင် ပြုလုပ် သည့် ပြည်သူ့လွှတ်တော်အစည်းအဝေးတွင် ပြည်ထောင်စု အစိုးရအဖွဲ့ရုံး ဝန်ကြီးဌာန ဒုတိယဝန်ကြီး ဦးတင်မြင့်က ပြောသည်။
”မြေပိုင်ရှင်တွေရဲ့ သဘောတူညီချက်ရမှ သာ ရန်ကုန်တိုင်းဒေသကြီး အစိုးရအဖွဲ့ ဝန် ကြီးချုပ်အနေနဲ့ ဆောင်ရွက်ဖို့ ညွှန်ကြားခဲ့ ပါတယ်။ နိုင်ငံတော်သမ္မတရဲ့ လမ်းညွှန်ချက် တွေအပေါ် သိရှိလိုက်နာဆောင်ရွက်ဖို့ ကို လည်း ပြည်ထောင်စုအစိုးရအဖွဲ့ရုံး ဝန်ကြီး ဌာနအနေနဲ့ ရန်ကုန်တိုင်းဒေသကြီး အစိုးရ အဖွဲ့ကို ကြပ်မတ်ဆောင်ရွက်လျက်ရှိနေပါ တယ်”ဟု ¤င်းက ပြောသည်။
လက်ရှိအစိုးရလက်ထက်တွင် ရန်ကုန်တိုင်း ဒေသကြီးအတွင်းမြို့သစ်စီမံကိန်းများ၊ စက်မှု ဇုန်စီမံကိန်းများ၊ ငါးပုစွန်မွေးမြူရေး စီမံကိန်း များအတွက် မြေသိမ်းမှုများကို ဆောင်ရွက် ရာတွင် သက်ဆိုင်ရာတောင်သူများကို စီမံ ကိန်းမြေ၏ ၂ဝ ရာခိုင်နှုန်း၊ ၈ဝ ရာခိုင်နှုန်းကို နိုင်ငံတော်စီမံကိန်းများအတွက် လည်း ကောင်း ပြန်လည်ပေးအပ်၍ သိမ်းယူမှုများ ဆောင်ရွက်ရန် စီစဉ်ခဲ့ကြောင်းသိရသည်။
စက်မှုဥယျဉ်မြို့တော် စီမံကိန်းဖော်ဆောင် ရန် ရန်ကုန်တိုင်း လှည်းကူးမြို့နယ်တွင် မြေ ဧရိယာစုစုပေါင်း ၁၃၄၃ ဒသမ ၅၇ ဧက နှင့် ထန်းတပင် မြို့နယ်ရှိ လယ်မြေဧရိယာ ၂၂၂ဝ ဒသမ ၈၂ ဧက အား ဒေသခံပြည်သူ များ အလုပ်ကိုင်အခွင့်လမ်းရရှိစေရန် စက်မှု ဥယျဉ်မြို့တော် စီမံကိန်း အကောင် အထည် ဖော်နိုင်ရန် ပြည်ထောင်စုအစိုးရအဖွဲ့ကို တင်ပြခဲ့ပြီး ပြည်ထောင်စုအစိုးရအဖွဲ့မှ မြေ သိမ်းကိစ္စများ ဆောင်ရွက်ရာတွင် မြေပိုင်ရှင် များ၏ သဘောတူညီမှှုအတိုင်းဆောင်ရွက်ရန် ပြည်ထောင်စု အစိုးရအဖွဲ့ရုံး ဝန်ကြီးဌာန ဒုတိယဝန်ကြီး ဦးတင်မြင့်က ညွှန်ကြားခဲ့ သည်။
”အခုအောက်ခြေမှာ ဖြစ်နေတာက ၈ဝ/ ၂ဝ (တောင်သူကို စီမံကိန်းမြေ၏ ၂ဝ ရာ ခိုင်နှုန်းကို ပြန်ပေးခြင်း) ကို မလိုက်နာရင် တစ်သက်လုံး အခြားနည်းလမ်း သုံးစွဲခွင့်မရ ဘူးဆိုပြီး ခြိမ်းခြောက်မှှုတွနဲ့ ပြည်သူလူထုကို ကြောက်ရွံ့အောင် ထိပ်လန့်အောင် လုပ်နေ တာကို သမ္မတ ရုံးအနေနဲ့ သိပါသလား”ဟု ပြည်သူ့လွှတ်တော်ကိုယ်စာလှယ် ဦးမောင် မြင့်က နိုဝင်ဘာလ ၁၉ ရက်နေ့တွင်ပြုလုပ် သည့် ပြည်သူ့လွှတ်တော်အစည်းဝေးတွင် ပြောသည်။

- Advertisment -

Must Read

myanmar business today mbt logo

Local gold prices reflect global gold prices 

Local gold prices, which were weak in November, have regained in early December reflecting global gold prices.  On November 30, global gold was traded at...